Scroll Down for Issue Briefs & Reports
The Ethan Allen Institute educates about and promotes issues that affect each citizen’s ability to participate in a free market with constitutionally limited interference from government. Some specific areas of focus include:
- Vermont’s economic future, particularly the vitality and diversity of its competitive free enterprise sector.
- The fiscal practices and condition of state government – taxation, spending, and borrowing.
- State and local regulatory practices, and their effect on the economy and the rights of the people.
- The improvement of education for all Vermont children, and particularly the expansion of competition and choice for all.
- The preservation of free, accountable, democratic government, where public decisions are made at the level as close as possible to the people themselves.
- The strengthening of Vermont community and family life, and the protection of local government from burdensome and costly mandates.
- Respect for Vermont’s constitution and opposition to judicial activism.
Healthcare & Single Payer – Fall 2014